Hello Kitty!
For a whole year now, little Lexi Lou has said that she wanted a kitty cat cake for her 3rd birthday. I made a doggy cake for her last year, so I think she just figured "well, now let's do a cat!" But I am not a fan of cats, so I had to think outside the box. Hello Kitty! She's perfect! A cat, yes, but adorable and classic and EASY to make into a cake. So that led to the theme of a Hello Kitty party.
Lexi was excited for her party! We celebrated her birthday at Toy's R Us in the week leading up to her birthday. Good old kids clubs!
She found a Hello Kitty car to drive!She also helped me make the cake ahead of time. I always like to bake the cake at least the day before, and freeze overnight for easy assembling and frosting the next day. My cutie in curls.
Her party was the day before her birthday on a Friday afternoon. She woke up that morning, ready for some presents and some fun!
I spent the morning on the cake, which turned out to be fairly simple and enjoyable to make. I just did 2 9 inch round cakes, layered them with frosting in between, and then cut out a little off the top to resemble Hello Kitty's ears. Then I whipped up my marshmallow fondant, rolled out and covered the entire cake with white (easy peasy- no coloring!) Then trimmed the bottom with a pizza cutter, and kind of molded it to look like Hello Kitty. Some black fondant and yellow is all you need to make this adorable face!
Add the bow, and the cuteness goes up a notch!However, I wasn't satisfied with that first bow, so I re-made it to be more round and a little smaller. I still can't decide which one I like better. But then I added some hearts and her name, and called it good.
I really really want to learn what to use for a base and how to make it appealing and professional looking. A pizza pan and tin foil just ain't cuttin it! But it got the job done. I thought about putting it on my glass cake stand, but wanted it to be more at Lexi's level. She loved it- that's what matters!
She was such a fun party girl. She loved having her friends and cousins over, and playing games.
I had fun the few days before, trying to come up with decorations and activities and snacks. I colored this giant coloring page while watching TV one night. :) Coloring with crayons is good for the soul.
The kids played "Pin the Bow on Hello Kitty"
I just drew up a Hello Kitty face on poster board
And as the kids were arriving, I had them color their own bow and cut it out for the game.
After that, we went outside in the backyard and played "Hello Hello Kitty". :)
The cute party goers!They also played Musical Hula Hoops....where they dance around a circle of hula hoops, and when the music stops, they have to jump in one. Each time, one hula hoop is taken away, until at the end all the kids have to try to fit in the last hoop!
Then they played a fishy spoon race game. They tried to carry a fishy cracker on a spoon there and back and pass it to their teammate. This one was a little less easy for them to understand. :)
But she's cute.
Then came the present opening, where Lexi sat in her Hello Kitty camping chair like a princess. She loved all her presents!
Yay, an Anna doll!
Her friend Jackson gave her the cutest gift with homemade wrapping paper, and it was a pack of Go Fish cards and a card holder for toddler hands to hold all the cards at once. It's awesome, I love using it!
Snack time! There were lots of finger foods: grapes, fishies, popcorn, swedish fish, pink malt balls, pink lemonade.
Time for cake!
Ari, Cami and Henry...enjoying the funfetti cake and strawberry ice cream.
Cute cousin MaeAnd finally the party ended with a pinata, because what kid doesn't love a pinata?
And we finished celebrating this cutie's birthday with a trip to Boondocks, to play arcade games and on the playground and to eat a good Fun Dip. Love this 3 year old! Happy Birthday Lexi Lou!


1 comment:
You such a great party mom! Lexi's such a cutie, and that party looked perfect for her! Wish I could've been there!
Post a Comment