Breakfast *for everyone else) was a huge pile of Mickey Mouse pancakes, thanks to Chef Jake!
Then he took the kiddos for a 4-wheeler ride...always a highlight of the cabin.
We went fishing at a beautiful little fishing pond.
Well actually just Cami and Mae went fishing, and we kind of just watched and walked around the pond. Cami loves fishing with her princess fishing rod.
Cute Lexi Lou on a log.
Check out Cami's hair! I love her post-french braid hair. It's the best to play with. She looks so old here!
Cami loves bugs and worms. Crazy girl! She loved pulling out the giant earthworms and using them as bait.
Don't do it, Cam!
Dooon't do iiiiiitt!
I keep telling her about the book "How to Eat Fried Worms". I totally remember reading that when I was a kid, so now I need to get it for her. I'm sure she will love it!
Cool field shots with lil Lex, who wanted to fish but was too little this time.
Later that afternoon, after Lex had a nap, she woke up and we had a lunch date while the others were on the 4-wheelers.
Horseshoes! She was so cute.
We also found a pile of poop right outside the cabin door, and referred to our "Who Pooped in the Park" book that we brought along from home. It's a toss up...either moose poop or elk poop. But either way, pretty exciting. :)
When they came back from their ride, Mae and Jordan were Sooooo dirty! They were riding behind Jake, so they got the bum deal. Sorry Mae!
Picnic dinner of hot dogs over the fire- perfect!
Followed by s'mores.Eaten with extremely dirty hands.
Cute little Monson.
On Sunday, we went to church and enjoyed a lovely sacrament meeting. Then went to our traditional spot- Big Springs. Such a beautiful, peaceful place. I love seeing these cuties together.
With the leprechaun cabin in the background!
Holding hands
The famous picture in the Johnny Sack cabin wooden chair.
Our little family.
Cami took this one of Jake and I. Love!And after a fun day in West Yellowstone, the kids brought home their souvenirs and had fun shooting their guns.
And any time spent in the cabin was crazy and fun. On the last day together, the kids put on a talent show and sang and danced for all of us.
I found these 2 paintings in a sketch book in the dresser drawer in the bedroom that Grandpa Max Yospe painted. I thought they were so cool and precious! He was an amazing artist.
Even though I've only had the cabin in my life since I met Jake 7 years ago, it holds such a special place in my heart. All the furniture and decorations are all remnants of Grandma and Grandpa Yospe. We had lots of fun with Jordan and Kate's cute family, and since they left a day before us, the kids got their playing fill on the last day.
Pile on Cami!
Silly kiddos. Good times at the cabin, as always.
2 comments:
Ah, sweet memories! And Grandpa Yospe's paintings are amazing! Is that Clark? Or one of the boys? Looks like he could be a Yospe!T he cabin is certainly a wonderful legacy he left for his descendants!
Oops- couple more things… Who Pooped in the Park? - so fun! I love Lexi's field pictures, and Cami and Mae holding hands at Big Springs. And the picture of her fishing is a keeper! She looks so mature with her legs crossed, suntanned arms and legs, and big crimped hair with sunglasses on her head. Adorable!!
Post a Comment