Once again, October was one of our favorite months of the year! There are just SO many fun things to do leading up to Halloween. Pretty sure it's Cami's favorite holiday. We love living right by Gardner Village, and getting the chance to meet up with Brittney and her kiddos there. These girls! I just can't get enough of seeing them together.
I realized that I had Cami's matching shirt in the van that Grandma Toone gave them both, so I had her change into it so that they could be twins! They did the witch scavenger hunt, and earned themselves a chocolate chip cookie. And they also played a little game while waiting.Cami helped Ari read the words on the cards. It was precious.
She's always proud if she has a bandaid.
Cookie time!
Twins. Seriously.
We also got a chance to go down to Springville one day to visit Britt, and we all went to Jaker's Pumpkin Patch for free. The kids had a blast climbing on straw bales and swimming in corn!
Haha. Love Bryan's face here.
Nice pose, girls!
Even better! So silly.
I got in myself, and it actually feels really good! Owen and Lexi joined in the fun too.
The girls sported Halloween clothes for many days, since we have lots! I love this pose of Lexi...she looks like a model!
Cheesers!Wheeler Farm, Halloween style.
Scheels, Halloween style.
And Discovery Gateway children's museum, Halloween party style! They got lots of fun treats and crafts, for free!
One Saturday morning, we visited Gardner Village again with Daddio to see the witches.
Haha I love all our black and white leggings!
Then we enjoyed a family Pumpkin Palooza party at the West Jordan Library/Viridian Center. There were lots of games and trick or treating, and this haunted house!
Fishing behind a coffin at the mortuary booth. haha.
And then we went to see The BoxTrolls! It was super cute and had gross bugs and snot and stuff in it, which was Halloween appropriate!
Cami got to dress up for her ballet class, so she wore this teeny Dorothy dress that I found at a yard sale. She chose to be Dorothy this year, since she loves The Wizard of Ox. And Lexi wanted to be Toto! But...I just had this little Dorothy dress that was really too small for Cam, and I couldn't figure out how to make Lexi into Toto. Hmmm
We carved pumpkins that night for Family Home Evening. Lexi didn't want a goopy shirt.And the girls dressed up for Library storytime, in which Lexi was a monkey, like last year. :) She just looks so cute in that costume!! And Cami has her own Toto to hold, anyways.
I finally asked a neighbor if Cami could borrow her daughter's Dorothy costume that I'd seen last year, and she graciously let us! This one was bigger, fancier, and made Cami the cutest Dorothy in all of the land. Here she is, lined up and ready for Kindergarten.
The school Halloween parade was so fun, especially when Uncle Abe, the 1st grade ALPS teacher, came by in his roller coaster of teachers! He's hilarious.
And then Cami's class came at the very end, and it was so precious! They all looked so teeny! That's her teacher, Mrs. Schaefer in the front, dressed as a "Smartie Pants". She is followed by 5 Elsa's! (Frozen is VERY popular right now).
And there's my baby! Be still, my heart.
We also visited the aquarium, Halloween style.
And then on Halloween, Cami didn't have school, so we got to take it easy in the morning, do cute hair and makeup for the girls, and get them all ready for a day of trick or treating. :) Lexi looked adorable as another Dorothy, and the dress fit her perfectly. She also had her own Toto to carry around.
Love!
Cami's hair was the actual real deal Dorothy hair. Two twists, leading into braids, ending in curled ponytails with ribbons.
I was nervous about Cami getting that nice dress ruined, so I had her wear it sparingly! We stopped into the Sweet Tooth Fairy so that the girls could get their free cupcakes.
Then I took them to my old workplace and dear to my heart, Canyon Creek, to go trick or treating in the dining room. Cami didn't want to go...she was a little scared of the people last year. Some nice old people were forgetful and tried to take her candy, or just weren't responsive. So I don't blame her for being leary, but they went and had a good time. And I really enjoyed seeing old residents and employees that I loved. My two sweet Dorothy's!
This is in the Memory Care unit, where the people with severe Alzheimers live. Awww, bless their hearts.
After that, we drove to RC Willey to see Grandpa Yospe! He always has a great costume. Chef Boyardee. Cami looks adorable here.
Score! They got to go trick or treating, and filled their baskets with goodies.
We ended the outing with a trip to Jamba Juice for a free kids smoothie.
"Smell mine, Cam"
Red Dorothy nails.
And FINALLY, the real trick or treating around the neighborhood!
Daddy took the girls while I stayed home and passed out candy.
I'd say it was quite the Halloween.
Uhhh...anyone need some candy?
3 comments:
Wow- you are the biggest Halloween celebrators I know! So many adorable pictures- love those Dorothys!! I get tired just reading about all the fun things you do! So glad you're capturing it on your blog so your girls can reminisce in years to come. Good jun Mama!
Good jun?? I think I meant good job! =) And by the way, the twins cousin pics make my heart happy- such cuties!
فني
Post a Comment