Love my sweet girls! *Note Cami's snaggle tooth...dangling and so ready to come out. She wouldn't let us pull it more than for a teeny second, and it was stubbornly hanging on.
We also discovered this ferris wheel made out of candy at our library! Tis the season!
On Sunday after church, we had Grandma and Bree over for my birthday dinner.
I made a beef stew and sweet potato casserole, and Grandma brought a hyped up pie filling jello, and Bree brought rolls. It was delicious!
Bree gave me an adult coloring book and pens, AND a gift card! So sweet.
We proceeded to have a Grandma Game Night, only at my house this time. Hand & Foot always!
It was so funny...while we were playing, Grandma came down with the hiccups. She got up and said she needed a glass of water and a knife. She said Uncle Don taught her that if you stir the water with the knife before you drink it, your hiccups will be cured! I can't remember if it really worked. :) But I do know that Lexi copied Grandma and did the same thing the following week.
The highlight of the night was after the girls had gone to bed, and then suddenly Cami came out of her room and said Mom my tooth came out! Apparently she had accidentally hit it on her bunk bed, and knocked it out. haha. Yay- finally! Her first top tooth lost. I'm so sad to say goodbye to those adorable teeny baby teeth. This is a side by side of when she was 2, and now 6. Chocolate eyes!
On my actual birthday, I had lots of fun cards to open and display! The girls drew me adorable pictures, and Nate and Allison sent the card with dollar bills attached with a fun poem. :)
It was a Tuesday, so Lexi Lou went to Anna's house for preschool, and I went and helped out in Cami's class. Mr. Yospe told the kids it was my birthday, and had them sing to me...twice. They had a contest to see if he or the kids could sing louder and better. That was fun! For lunch, I took Lexi to Firehouse Subs to get my free sub, and then we went to Noodles & Company to get my free noodle bowl! Mmm their shrimp pad thai is deeeelicious!
Lexi and I played some games, picked up Cami Lamb, then waited for Jake to come home from work that eve. He came bearing a gift from my favorite bakery downtown...red velvet vegan gluten free cake!
After blowing out candles and trying a piece, we headed out to dinner at Thai Siam. 2 Buck Pad Thai Tuesday, baby! We got some curry, too, which is always delicious.
Even Lexi loves to eat her own big plate of pad thai!
And we couldn't pass up dessert of sticky sweet rice with mango. Mmmmm. Coconutty goodness.We ended the night with Thanksgiving Point holiday lights, which you drive through and look at. Then we visited the real reindeer.
It was a great day! I think it was one of the best birthdays I've had- just because it was chill, enjoyable, and filled with people I love. 33 will be a good year! (I really can't believe I'm that old, though. How am I not still 19?)
To carry on with the holiday festivities, here are some more activities we took part in. We attended South Jordan's Light the Night party, where they have free ice skating (the girls and Jake loved sliding around the ice in the shoes), candy windows, hot chocolate, etc. Such cute little snowmen!
And how awesome is this jelly bean storm trooper? (I didn't even know what this thing was called at the time...but I do now, since I saw the newest Star Wars movie!)
Furthermore, Jake had a Christmas party at his work, in which they had a white elephant gift exchange. Guess what he came home with? FISH N' CHIPS.
So now we have 3 goldfish that are still goin strong, in 2 separate tanks, since we already had Jack. *sigh* Fish are a silly excuse for a pet.
And a few days after my birthday, we went to Festival of Trees. It was another awesome event, just like every year. I thought of my Dad when I saw this Coke display.
And this tree was just very pretty, with a great theme.
The gingerbread houses are always amazing! This was a Disney themed over the top one.
And this one of Utah was made by women in prison! Pretty awesome.
The holidays are so much fun with these two! Do you know how great it is to have two adorable girls to pick out dresses for every Sunday? And to have a plethora to choose from, thanks to sisters and Grandma's and yard sales? Yup it's pretty fun. Happy Holidays!
2 comments:
So glad you had a fun 33rd birthday! I love your outfit- cute pic with your girls at the 1st Festival of Trees pics. And I love the one of Grandma with Cami and Lexi. You're so good to always include her- thank you! Wish I could've been there!
I missed seeing the Festival of Trees and getting to celebrate your bday with you!!
Post a Comment