Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Ward Halloween Party- Me Singing Wicked

 Cami dressed up as the cutest cowgirl around, and went to school on Friday. We got to go watch the school costume parade in the gym, and guess what Mr. Yospe dressed up as? :)
 I helped construct the box during one of my volunteering hours. haha. That was a pretty clever costume idea with some other teachers!
And that night was our ward Halloween party, which turned out to be a blast! My friend Teena who was in charge, had asked me if I would like to sing something during the dinner portion. I couldn't think of what to sing that would be fun and Halloweeny. She suggested "What about "For Good" from Wicked?" I'd never even heard the song. So I asked Laurie, and we learned it fast, and I sang as the bad witch and her as Glenda the good witch. Emma let me borrow her awesome hat and cape, and I found a witch dress at the library costume exchange.
I signed up to bring a dessert, so I made gluten free dairy free sugar cookie witch fingers. Fitting!
And homemade chili. Mmmmmm.
 This is Teena- the cutest Filipino lady around!
 The girls had a blast with all the games, like bobbing for apples.
 And face painting.
 Laurie made a beautiful witch! The other musical number was performed by Scott Hoffman and his son, Preston. He sang Music of the Night from the Phantom. It was awesome.





 Jake dressed up as a cowboy, Cami a cowgirl and Lexi a cow! :)
 And our song went well, and it was fun to sing.


 Laurie has a beautiful soprano voice, and our voices work well together. It's also fun that she lives right behind us! So yes it was a good party, the night before actual Halloween.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have never seen so much wholesome fun and excitement around a "holiday" that I normally boycott. Such beautiful costumes, such beautiful girls, such beautiful moms, wholesome terrifying foods (those fingers looked way too real for me to want to eat); and fun activities! Who knew Halloween could be so much good clean "pretty" fun. Way to go mom and dad! Thanks for all your hard work to find these pics, organize them, tell the story, and get them posted in a Blog. Well done!
Love,
DAD :)