Thursday, February 18, 2016

November & Thanksgiving

 To usher in November, we went to the South Town Mall to welcome Santa's arrival, like we've done the past few years. Who would want to pass up a free breakfast like this?

We're still loving having a Thanksgiving Point membership. We took the girls to Farm Country afterwards, and they enjoyed their pony ride.

 And wagon ride
 Just a nice colorful picture of some of our food adventures...here are spiralized sweet potatos, made into Pad Thai noodles. Mmmm I'm craving some now!
 Thanksgiving season wouldn't be complete without our Thankful Tree! I made a new one out of paper bags again, cut out a bunch of leaves, and the girls and I had fun writing on leaves and adding them everyday.
 We don't have an aquarium pass anymore, but we went to a free night as a family and enjoyed some of their new additions. It's a pretty sweet place!
 These are some of my favorite moments of being a mom. When Lexi and I go to pick up Cami from school, and she walks outside and spots us, and then runs to me and jumps into my arms. I LOVE that sweet moment. She gave Lexi her coat to wear on this twin day, too.
 Haha can you tell Cami's tooth is SUPER loose and so ready to come out? She was so hesitant to let anyone pull it, so we waited and waited for it to come out on its own. Made for some funny pictures! This was at the South Town Mall ice skating rink opening night.
 Santa came to open the outdoor rink! I was excited to see him. :)
 Free zoo day is the last Wednesday of every month in the winter, so we hit that up for sure! The lions are so awesome.
 And finally, it was Thanksgiving! We ate dinner at the Yospe's this year, with Clark at the helm of the turkey, and Emma being a wonderful hostess!
 Cute Ike and Jana
 Dinner was very nice. We went around the room after dinner, and everyone shared a scripture about Thanksgiving or one that they're thankful for and why. It was a special time!
 Cousin game time after the meal.
 Here were my contributions: green bean casserole and apple pie.
 And I also made this dairy free cashew cheesecake. Yum.
 I'm so thankful for such loving family, wonderful parents, siblings, my sweet husband and beautiful daughters. I'm thankful for a body that isn't perfect but can still function and do a whole lot of things. Thankful for a wonderful home, ward, friends, mountains, sunshine, music, yummy food, and most of all for a loving Savior and Heavenly Father who have blessed me and loved me so much.
 Happy Thanksgiving! Cami with all her school crafts.
Can't believe how fast time is flying! On to Christmas- the most wonderful time of the year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet post ending with all the things you're thankful for! We're thankful for you! Love your thankful tree, and envious of your big Yospe dinners. They're so blessed to have their whole family nearby! And you're blessed to be part of their clan! :)

Brittney said...

Cam's snaggle tooth!!! :)