Monday, November 17, 2014

Lexi Turns 3! Fun Facts

In honor of Lexi turning 3 on September 27th, here is the annual post with details all about her!
Name: Alexia Anne, Lexi, Lexi Lou, Lex, Dolly, Sweet Pea

Age: 3 (or as she would say...fweeee)

Favorite Songs: I Am a Child of God, Popcorn Popping, Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, Jesus Said Love Everyone, Let It Go (from Disney's Frozen)

Favorite Animal:Sheep, and monkeys and doggies- little doggies.

Favorite Food: Berries, oranges, meat, chicken nuggets and fries, ketchup. eggs and toast, waffles, bacon, fruit snacks, chips, pretzels, nuts. She's not a big dessert person. She's getting to be a little pickier these days, and has latched on to Cami's obsession with candy and sweets. Booo. But Lexi always seems to be hungry, and is always asking for a "nack". She'll come up and sweetly say "I hungweee".


Favorite Toys: PUZZLES, Candy Land, Spot It, Uno and other games, Barbies, bubbles, the doll house, stuffed animals, Legos, marble works, blocks, and her Big Wheel trike.


Favorite Activities: doing puzzles, going to Preschool, coloring (usually with one color, and with her tongue sticking out adorably), swinging, reading books with Cami, eating, swimming, sliding, riding her trike, playing on the iPad, playing games

Favorite Color: Purple

Favorite Movie or Show: Curious George, Daniel the Tiger, Olivia, Toy Story 3, Max & Ruby

Favorite Thing to Do With Mom: Play games and do puzzles

Favorite Thing to Do With Dad: Princess Wee (being thrown up in the air)

Best Buds: Cami, Ari, Owen, Walter, Henry, Jackson, Anna


Talents: Lexi is a whiz at puzzles, and she'll do up to 5 48-piece puzzles in one day, mostly all by herself. She's also great at coloring, dressing herself
                                        
zipping jackets, and making people laugh! Just look at this face! She keeps us laughing all the time.
                                          
Biggest Accomplishments: Holy cow she's accomplished a lot this year! She gave up her binkies to the Binkie Fairy on June 20th, with a few days of sadness and denial. But then she never looked back, and had her big Winnie the Pooh instead. In fact, here's a story I wrote down to remember: Today, June 18, I woke up to the sounds of the girls talking. We still have our baby monitor hooked up since our room is upstairs and theirs is downstairs. I heard Lexi say, "Nana. Nana! Wake up! It's morning time!" Cami groans and says "Whaaat". "It's morning time, Nana! It's light outside! I'm going to get out of my crib." No Lex, don't get out. Then they remembered that the Binkie Fairy was supposed to come last night, because Lexi decided to give her binkies away. (Actually I decided....it was high time). We left a note for the fairy outside her bedroom door with all the binkies, and she cried for a while last night for her binkie, but we finally convinced her to go to sleep. Then when she remembered this morning, she got really excited and said, "Let me see! The binky fairy came! It's not a dog for you, Nana....it's a.....teddy bear!" Then they both got out, got the big 3 foot Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal that was waiting outside their door, and brought it upstairs to show me. Cutie patooties.
She also started potty training in June. She went pee pee in the potty for the first time on Sunday, June 22nd before church. She used a stool and a little potty seat, and was so proud of herself! We bought her Hello Kitty panties, and it took a few months for her to be fully trained. But she mastered it and now we are completely diaper free! She also graduated to a big girl bed, which is still her crib converted to a bed without one of the sides. She started climbing out of her crib in April, and we didn't convert it until around August. It was a chore to keep her in her bed at night, though, because she was so wired at night after taking a nice long afternoon nap. So that led to dropping her naps altogether, which she does great with now and goes to sleep much better at night! She also stopped sitting in a booster seat and using a tray and bib at meals, and now sits like such a big girl at the table with the family! I can't believe all these things she's done in just the past year! 

Most Endearing Qualities: Her smile, sense of adventure and fearlessness. She is very curious, precocious, active, and loving. She has an awesome sense of humor and makes us laugh every day. She is such a sweetheart and has genuine concern for others, and she's so fun to be around. 

Qualities To Improve: She gets frustrated with herself very easily (which she learned from Cami) especially when she's coloring. She'll throw the crayon down and run away, crying, because she made a mistake. Hopefully she can learn to be more patient with herself! She also could work on obeying the first time, not getting up from the table when eating, and learning which shoe goes on which foot. :)

Goals for Next Year: Keep those beautiful blonde curls growing! Stay the same and don't grow up too fast. I don't have another baby to baby right now (and don't know if I ever will again), so I thank Heavenly Father for giving our family sweet Lexi Lou.

Quotes: Nana (Cami)
Do I have preschool today?
I need to go potty.
I pooped!
I hungweee
I want a "nack!" (snack)
I'm going to go do a puzzle.
I did the puzzle all by myself, Mommy!
When is Daddy getting home?
Can we go to the park?
As I was putting Lexi down for her nap, I said "Good night, panty princess", to which she replied "Good night, Mommy Garment."
I also said "Have a good nap", and she said "Have a good putting away time!"
Lexi mixes up "to" and "for", so she says things like "Lets go foo ga library foomorrow!" I love hearing her little "foo".
It's morning time!
"I kept my panties clean and dry all day long!" (2 seconds later...) "I pooped in them."
I can buckle all by myself!
I do it, I do it, I do it.
I want to marry Owen!
"A ladybug! It stopped. Think it wants some foooood? Maybe some grass? Nooo...that's what cows eat. Maybe something else, like strawberries. Because those are ladybugs' favorite. Mom, can you get a strawberry out of the fridge?"
"Is it gluten free?"
"I'll let you eat gluten free, Mom!" if I do something she wants me to do. Or if I won't let her do something, she's been known to say "then I won't let you eat gluten free, mom!"
"Love you more than gluten!"
Look, Mom, I can twirl!
Bootiful (beautiful)
High Five, yeah! Knuckles, boom!
Look what I can do!
"Did you know I have my bum bum peeking out of my pants?"
                                             
Current Stats: 32 lb 13 oz... in the 75th percentile for weight
39 inches, in the 90th percentile for height! Nice and healthy!
Love this girl to pieces

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh Lexi Lou! Grandma and Grandpa sure love you! And Heather-love everything you wrote about her- she's the sweetest, funniest, cutest thing ever! =)